15 new merit of Egyptian New Customs Law
Published: 22nd Nov 2020
President El-Sisi has issued the new customs law by decree No. 207 of 2020 and so that the law No. 66 of 1963 was eliminated from 12/11/2020 which the new law will get in force.
The new law has 15 new merits will point it down right now:
- The law will achieve many positive effects to the state in 3 international indicators:
- Global Competitiveness Index
- Doing Business Index
- Macroeconomic Environment Index
- Moving from the old workspace (Paper-based) to digital workspace.
- Ensuring to use digital ways in exchanging of documents and one window system
- Dealing with customs in the field of E-Commerce.
- Developing customs censorship to protect national security across the creation of a new system for pre-information of the goods coming to Egypt.
- Create a new system to track goods even if it will be in final customs clearance for the first time
- Eliminates illegal practice of car system of disabled people
- Maximize the role of post auditing after release especially in free zones & industrial zones
- Tight the censorship on customs clearance systems.
- Not allowing to disposal of the goods which has temporary released order to the local market unless returning to the customs
- Forfeiture of the goods subject to customs evasion, even if they are not goods whose import is prohibited.
- Consider the offense of customs fraud a crime breaching honor and honesty and it allowed to reconcile after paying all fine unless there is no final rules judgment.
- Creation of new organization to the free market includes a clear and specified provision to deal with customs
- Allow paying customs in installments for the first time
- Allow to prior inquiring about customs charges